Built in 1994 The Quest Golf Club was designed by PGA Tour Professional Ken Green. It is a beautiful 18 hole golf course built on generous rolling terrain. Each hole features five sets of tees so you can play to your ability. We also has an extensive practice facility including a full grass driving range, two practice putting greens, and a practice sand bunker and chipping area so you can perfect all aspects of your game. The course has been given 4 Stars by Golf Digest Magazine. It is conveniently located minutes away from US -127, off the M-55 Houghton Lake exit.
Golf Course Policies
Tee Time Reservations Policy
We allow advance tee time reservations without restriction (unless stipulated on a certificate that the guest is using). Future and same day reservations are made by the golf shop directly. You will be asked for the following information when requesting a tee time:
- requested date of play
- requested time range
- number of players
- Last name, First name, phone number and e-mail address
- singles, twosomes and threesomes will be paired up whenever possible.
- If you have less than four players and do not wish to be paired up, you may pay for the entire foursome (and we’ll guarantee you will not be paired) or on the day of play, ask the golf shop attendant to move you to a less busy time.
- Fivesomes – In most cases, fivesomes are prohibited, however, certain situations warrant the approval of five or more golfers. This approval can only be made by the General Manager.
- Guests that no show for tee times will be charged the applicable rate. Our cancellation policy is 24 hours in advance of the tee time for 1 – 8 players. For groups of 12 -23, it is 3 days and for groups of 24 or more, it is 1 week.
Golfers and guests on the course, practice area and within the social areas of the clubhouse must wear appropriate attire.
Men – Slacks or shorts and shirts with sleeves and collars. Mocks are considered collared
Ladies – Dresses, skirts, slacks or shorts and a blouse or golf shirt.
It is recommended that guest check in for their tee times at least 15 minutes in advance.
Driving Range Policy
Range balls will be sold by the golf shop. Proper attire is required for range use as well. Other than Monday night (when we clean pick the driving range and mow it), the driving range is open 30 minutes prior to the first tee time until dusk.
Additional riders may accompany a group on the course unless the course is busy and carts are at a premium. When the additional rider forces the group to take an additional cart, a fee of $20 will be collected. If a rider does not force the group to take an additional cart, no fee is charged.
Walking is allowed on the course anytime.
- Due care shall be taken for the safety of all players before any shot (on course or driving range) is attempted.
- A player shall not hit until the group in front of them is out of range
- So as to not impede speed of play, each player in the group shall be ready to play when it is his/her turn
- Keep up Pace. On a full course, groups playing through slow down the day’s pace even more. When a group has an open hole ahead of them, they should do everything in their power to close the gap.
- To expedite play: Around the green take your putter and any other club you think you might need to the green surrounds. Practice continuous putting whenever possible allowing others to hole short putts out rather than marking and waiting. Situate your clubs so they are on your way back to the cart. Do scorekeeping on the next tee.
Pace of Play Policy
To insure the enjoyment of all guests at The Quest, we ask that you adhere to our Pace of Play Policy. If you feel you are unable to adhere to this policy, we are happy to accommodate a tee time (generally late afternoon) that is more suitable to your pace of play preference.
1. The Quest Golf Club asks that the lead group play in less than the pace of play target of 4:20
2 All groups thereafter must either maintain that target pace or be in line with the group in front of them (do not worry about groups behind you, you can only control your position in relationship to the group in front of you) defined as follows:
- Par 3’s – group in front should be on the same hole or just pulling away as you arrive at the tee box.
- Par 4’s – group in front should be in the fairway or pulling to the green as you arrive at the tee box.
- Par 5’s – group in front should be in the fairway as you arrive at the tee box.
Care for the Course
- All bunkers are to be raked following your presence in the bunker
- Rakes should be left on the edge of the bunker
- Fairway divots shall be replaced. Divots on the tee should be filled with sand where present and by replacing the divot if sand is not present.
- Care should be taken so that no damage results in the turf or the lip of the cup when taking out and replacing the flagstick. Please reach into the hole to remove your ball rather then getting it with your putter or another club.
- Any ball damage to the green should be repaired immediately. A great rule of thumb is to fix your ball mark and one other on each green.
- Care should be taken to avoid excessive damage to the greens. Stand away from the cup when not putting and pick up your feet when walking to avoid scuffs.
Golf carts should be kept at least 30 yards away from greens and tees. Use the cart paths near the greens and tees and the entire length of Par 3 holes.
Junior golf Policy
Anyone who is 15 or under is considered a Junior Golfer. Juniors receive special rates any day, anytime! All golfers must have a valid driver’s license to drive a golf cart.
Twilight Golf Policy
Twilight golf is a discounted rate for play in the late afternoon. Twilight is available Friday – Sunday after 3pm in the summer and after 2pm in the spring/fall. We do not guarantee the full round of 18 holes will be completed.
Replay Golf Policy
Same day replays are available seven days a week and is defined as an 9 or 18 hole round played after another 18 hole round is completed.
Rain Check Policy
At The Quest, we have the 94.4% weather guarantee. If you quit playing golf due to inclement weather before teeing off on hole 18, we will issue you a rain check for 100% of the value paid towards golf and cart!
Food and Beverage
We do not allow any outside food or beverage on the premises, especially on the golf course. All food or beverage must be purchased at our restaurant or beverage cart. For this reason, personal coolers are also prohibited on the golf courses. Food and Beverage not purchased at The Quest will be confiscated and returned to you at the end of your round.